- Compact design for easy installation
- Socket modes: TCP server, TCP client, UDP
- Easy-to-use Windows utility for configuring multiple device servers
- Patented ADDC® (Automatic Data Direction Control) for 2-wire and 4-wire RS-485
- SNMP MIB-II for network management
The NPort® 5200 serial device servers are designed to make your industrial serial devices Internet-ready in no time. The compact size of NPort 5200 serial device servers makes them the ideal choice for connecting your RS-232 (NPort 5210/5230/5210-T/5230-T) or RS-422/485 (NPort 5230/5232/5232I/5230-T/5232-T/5232I-T) serial devices—such as PLCs, meters, and sensors—to an IP-based Ethernet LAN, making it possible for your software to access serial devices from anywhere over a local LAN or the Internet. The NPort 5200 Series has a number of useful features, including standard TCP/IP protocols and choice of operation modes, Real COM/TTY drivers for existing software, and remote control of serial devices with TCP/IP or traditional COM/TTY Port.